1. The languages spoken by the Alaskan Eskimos and the Inuit of Northern Canada are such similar as to be mutually intelligible.
A. spoken by
2. Contemporary newspaper columnist Russell Baker is noted for his commentaries humorous written in the tradition of Benjamin Franklin.
A. newspaper columnist
B. commentaries humorous
3. On the one hand, most Americans feel that space exploration is a legitimate and important national undertaking; on the contrary, they worry about the amount it costs.
B. and important
C. on the contrary
D. worry about
4. The black cherry tree, from which fine cabinets and furniture is made, is found all across North America, from Nova Scotia to Texas.
A. from which
C. all across
5. A sealer should be applied at wood surfaces before they are varnished; otherwise, uneven absorption of the varnish may occur.
A. should be applied
D. may occur
6. From the Mexican War toward the Civil War, the major theme of American political history was a growing sectionalism interacting with a vigorous nationalism.
C. growing sectionalism
7. Newspapers metropolitan that pride themselves on the quality of their opinion articles often have large staffs to write and edit the editorial page.
A. Newspapers metropolitan
B. pride themselves
D. editorial page
8. The tiny nucleus of an atom is held together by forces powerful capable of unleashing great energy.
A. tiny nucleus
B. an atom
C. forces powerful
D. of unleashing
9. A snowflake is a frailty crystalline structure which maintains its delicate shape only as long as it is airborne.
C. as long as
10. Native American beaded designs are often characterized by geometric shaped and bright colors.
B. characterized by
1A, 2B, 3C, 4B, 5B, 6A, 7A, 8C, 9A, 10C