1. Neither oil drilling or gas exploration can be prevented from steadily changing the face of the Arctic.
C. be prevented
D. steadily changing
2. Raindrops falling on the ocean reduce the number of breaking waves, thereby calming roughness water.
3. The codfish lays million of eggs each year, only a small percentage of which actually hatch.
D. of which
4. Booker T. Washington, head of the first industrial school for African Americans, was as popular with Southerners than he was with Northerners.
A. first industrial
C. popular with
D. than he
5. Peacocks are among the most exotic birds in nature; its long tail feathers fan out to reveal a profusion of vivid colors.
B. most exotic
D. fan out
6. However unavoidable the Civil War may have been, it was more devastating also exhausting than any European war between 1815 and 1914.
7. Social stratification can based on many criteria, such as wealth, cultural level, legal status, birth, personal qualities, and ideology.
A. based on
C. such as
8. Early in United States history, the rights of woman were championed in Wyoming, the state where they were first guaranteed the right to vote.
A. Early in
D. were first guaranteed
9. Only after Theodore Roosevelt became president did conservation developed into a major environmental issue in the United States.
A. Only after
10. Lecithin’s and other phospholipids play membranes key roles the structure of cell.
D. roles the
1A, 2D, 3B, 4D, 5C, 6B, 7A, 8B, 9B, 10C