1. Oil-base house paint is neither easy to work with or quick to clean up, but it is often preferred to latex paint because of its high sheen and durability.
C. preferred to
D. because of
2. The field cricket is quite injury to crops and vegetation and does most of its harmful work at night.
3. Many New England farmers supplement their incomes with the sold of maple syrup tapped from sugar maples growing on their farmland.
D. sugar maples
4. In the latter half of the nineteenth century, physical techniques making it possible to determine the chemical constitution of stars.
A. latter half
B. making it
C. to determine
D. of stars
5. Many of the mammals that dwell in the desert are active only at a night as the intense heat of a desert day can be fatal to warm-blooded animals.
B. a night
6. The cytoskeleton of a cell provides structural support also coordinates cell division, growth, and morphology.
7. Contemporary poet Ginsberg prides him on his ability to create poetry which invites complete emotional and physical participation by its audience.
8. Substances such as DT become more concentrated in each successively level in an ecological pyramid.
A. such as
B. more concentrated
9. Scientists used line spectra identifying the element helium in the sun.
10. The personality traits of children are often similar to those that of their parents, but these traits are not always genetically conditioned.
A. often similar to
1A, 2B, 3B, 4B, 5B, 6B, 7A, 8C, 9B, 10B